Monday, January 18, 2010

I need to put an APB out on my motivation....

Perhaps I should write it a letter to see if it answers. I seem to have absolutely no motivation lately. Unemployment can do that do ya I guess. My first few months of joblessness I was so gung ho about projects around the house, namely refinishing my cabinet doors. That was in April. It's now January. Almost a year later and my cabinet doors are nowhere near done. Actually they're just sitting on the garage floor waiting for me to work on them. It's not only the cabinets, it working out. I have a Wii Fit and the EA Active program. I wake up every day prepared to take on the day and do a little working out and then do some stuff around the house. And then I get downstairs, have my breakfast and coffee annnnnnd POOF! Motivation gone. Long gone.

Missing motivation isn't like when you cat gets out and you can't find it and you leave a bowl of cat food outside the door and it will eventually find it's way home. There's no form of coercion that can be left to temp my motivation back to me (if you happen to know of something, please let me know).

My shrink says that I have control issues...and I do. Agree with me damnit! So this unstructured life is killing me, however, somehow unstructure has some way become structure....does that make sense? It's like organized chaos.

I've decided to make Mondays "Motivation Mondays". Maybe this will give my week a little bit of structure. Yeah, I know it's only one day, but one day at a time y'know. I can't conquer the week all at once.

I'm going to start this Motivaiton Monday by writing my motivation a little letter to see if it decides to stay around for the week.

Dear Motivation, It would be nice if you could stick around for more than an hour or so. I don't smell and I'm not that bad to hang around with. I'm so much more useful when you're around! I'll even bring you flowers and make you breakfast in bed - wait, that would defeat the purpose of motivating me wouldn't it? Well, you get the idea. So, yeah, it would be awesome if you could hang around for longer next time you're here. Mmkay? Thanks! Bye!

0 comments: