Sunday, January 24, 2010

A slight rant and then venting about the 2ww!

Have you subscribed yet? You won't be dissapointed! CLICK HERE!!

I realized something today while driving that I think should be addressed. Why do some traffic lights have green arrows for the turn if the arrow is only going to be green for litterally 5 seconds. Seriously. Pointless.
It takes me about 10 seconds to react to the green, start pressing on the gas to get going, because..let's face it, not everyone guns it when the light turns green.

As I'm sitting at this intersection in Danbury on South Street by the Dunkin Donuts (yes I give directions in relations to Dunks...and bars...so I guess I'm a caffinated drunk...lol) and the light turns green with the green arrow for the left hand turn and quite seriously it turned yellow after 5 seconds. The first car hadn't even gotten through the turn! What the hell kind of planning is that? Utter bullshit. City of Danbury needs better traffic light planners....maybe that's a job I can have! HA!

Now on to the 2ww(read: the most excruciating and axious two weeks of my life)


So the hubby and I are trying to get preggo (that's going to be number 1 on my "To Do Before I'm 30" list..and I'm only 28). Needless to say, this is not an easy front. I am slightly challenged in that area(read: totally screwed) and we had to start seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist. Doc decided clomid and ovidrel trigger shot paired with back to back IUI's would be the best course of action. We did our first round in December with no results. My test was on New Year's Eve and it was negative (read: I got sloshed).

So, off we went to the next cycle. Took the clomid again and on my scan day there was no action in my ovaries. A few days later, business was booming! So last weekend was our back to back IUI's. I try not to scrutinize every single thing that is going on and think it's a symptom, but it's hard. Last month was really tough because being the first month I had the HCG trigger, I had every. pregnancy. symptom. possible.
This month, not really any of the "typical" preggo symptoms. I've had some cramping, pulling, twinges amongst other things. I stupidly did a pee test tonight and of course it was negative, but at 8 days post IUI, what more would I expect?? (cue the huge sigh)

Well, ok, I think I'm done rambling. Off to go prep for a job fair tomorrow. Between the 20 jobs I applied for over the weekend and this job fair, I better get something! Wish me luck!

0 comments: