Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm beside myself & Central Park

Have you subscribed yet? You won't be dissapointed! CLICK HERE!!

I actually found a job!!! Holy Crap I go back to work on Monday!

I found this job online on Sunday, sent my resume and heard from them yesterday. Scheduled an interview for this morning at 9am. Little did anyone know we were getting this crazy ass snow storm. It quite seriously took me 3 hours to get to Stamford. I spun out once and my breaks kept grinding and locking until I got to Wilton.
**Side Note** Hey Snow!!! GO TO HELL

So, I had made my phonecalls to the COO I was meeting with to let him know my situation and he pretty much rearranged his day for me! Awesome!

Had a great interview and something happend at the end of this job interview that hasn't happend at any of the other two job interviews I've had over the past year. I GOT THE JOB! I have a 60 day trial period (just like any job) and become a regular full time benefit receiving employee after that! I got my offer letter today and am completely beside myself in shock. I really can't believe I go back to work on Monday.

Ironically, Monday is the day before the anniversary of the car accident. I guess that the beginning of February is going to be a good thing from now on! Absolutely amazing that I have something other than the looming grey of the accident to think of next week. I must say I'm on cloud nine right now.
So the other half of my title is about yesterday.  I had tickets to see Memphis the Musical on Broadway and it was a-mah-zing by the way! So Shane and I made a whole day of it. I've never been to Central Park and have always wanted to see the Bethesda Fountain, so we walked through about 30 blocks of Central Park. It was beautiful! I can't wait to see it in the Spring/Summer. We then had a great dinner at Hard Rock and then it was off to the Great White Way.
Seriously. If you like Music and RnB, see Memphis.
I think there's something I'm going to introduce to my Thursdays. "Thursday's Random Thought of the Day.". And to inaugurate this week's random thought, this one is dedicated to one of my favorite 80's tv shows.

Today's random thought of the day: The creators of Dougie Howser, MD should be seeking some sort of rights to blogs. Remember Dougie's online journal he always used to write in? Yeah, I remember actually searching AltaVista for something like that back in the early/mid 90's. And then along came the blog. So if ya really think about it, cute little Dougie Howser wrote the first blog!

Good fight, good night!

0 comments: